Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wojcik's Funeral Home Winnipeg - Galina Miller Funeral Arrangements



GALINA MILLER

               Our beloved mother and grandmother, Galina Miller passed away peacefully in her sleep on Friday, August 9, 2013 at the Misericordia Health Centre.
               Remaining to cherish Galina’s memory are daughters Nina, Tamara (Bill); granddaughter Natasha; numerous nieces; nephews; grandnieces; grandnephews, both in Canada and in Russia; as well as two extraordinary people – Dawn and Robert Lampron who held a special place in Mom’s heart. Their love and friendship made them part of our family. She was predeceased by her parents, brother and husbands Yuri and Steve.
               Mom was born June 10, 1920 in Sevastopol, Russia. She immigrated to Yugoslavia as an infant with her parents from post-revolution Russia. She worked and raised her family in Pancevo, Yugoslavia until 1969, when the family immigrated to Canada in hopes of a better future. Mom worked as an accountant in Yugoslavia before the family immigrated to Canada. Speaking three languages, Mom quickly learned English, attended business college and continued her accounting career for various small businesses. After a period of time, Mom changed careers to the clothing industry and worked at Tundra until retirement at the age of 68.
An avid reader her entire life, Mom read in four languages. In her retirement years, she and Dad enjoyed their garden. They loved spending time in their beautiful flower garden, especially among the gorgeous roses, Mom’s favorites. Her new hobby came as a surprise. We loved and teased her for creating hundreds of beautiful, intricate crochet dolls.
Mom’s love and respect for people was only matched by love and respect she received in return from everyone she has met. She was a wonderful mother, whose big heart touched everyone’s lives with its kindness and generosity. We love you, Mom. We will forever miss you.
            In compliance with Mom's wishes, no formal service will be held.
            The family would like to thank the doctors and nurses at the Victoria General Hospital;
particularly Dr. Gonasagran Munsamy. We would also like to thank the staff at the
Misericordia Health Centre, especially Tara Woligrocki, Resident Care Manager.
               In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 200 – 6 Donald Street, Winnipeg, MB R3L 0K6.
Winnipeg Funeral Director, Richard Wojcik of Wojcik’s Funeral Chapel & Crematorium,  2157 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg,  in care of arrangements, wojciksfuneralchapel.com, 204 – 897 – 4665.

 
To Those I Love and Those Who Loved Me
 
When I am gone, release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears
Be happy that we had so many years.
 
I gave to you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness
I thank you for the love you each have shown
But now it's time I traveled on alone.

So grieve a while for me if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
It's only for a while that we must part
So bless the memories within your heart.
 
I won't be far away, for life goes on
So if you need me, call and I will come
Though you can't see me or touch me,
I'll be near.
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear.
 
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and say,
Welcome Home.


Wojcik’s
FUNERAL CHAPEL & CREMATORIUM
2157 PORTAGE AVENUE
204 – 897 - 4665

www.wojciksfuneralchapel.com

No comments: