Saturday, January 26, 2013

Richard Wojcik Funeral Director - Jeanette Milliken



JEANETTE LEA MILLIKEN (MICKELSON)
(nee KEENA)

It is with great sadness our family wishes to announce the passing of our loving and dear wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, and friend Jeannette, who passed peacefully on Friday, December 28, 2012 at the age of 93 years, at Beacon Hill Lodge where she has resided for the past 3 years.
Mom will be lovingly remembered by her husband Bill Milliken; children Gord, Rick (Barb), Janice, and Ron; Bill’s children, Skip, (Liz), and Rick, (Donna); as well as by 14 grandchildren, Les, Mark, Jodi, Kristen, Lindsey, Dayna, Ryan, Kailly, Macy, Michael, Graham, Hayley, Brent and Sean; eight great grandchildren; and niece Joyce (Eldon) Hearn. She was predeceased by her husband and father of her children Leonard Edward Mickelson in 1975, dad was 62 years.
On July 6, 1919 Mom was born in Union Point, Manitoba to Emilienne (Berthelette) and Norman Keena. She was a hairdresser at the Hudson Bay prior to marrying and having children. As we were growing up Mom continued as a hairdresser at home for family and friends. She was an active member of the community and enjoyed volunteering at Isaac Brock Community Club for many years; HSC Rehab Centre in the gift shop and lastly at the gift kiosk at Cancer Care until 2007. She was a remarkable woman who filled the room with her infectious personality. Mom had a warm heart for anyone who needed her love and attention. She formed many lifetime friendships and over the years enjoyed many interests including gardening, decorating, playing bridge, sewing, knitting, painting, walking, dancing and entertaining, and spending time at the cottage and going fishing. She loved to spend time with her grandchildren. She was an independent and strong woman, always giving of herself to others.
After Dad passed in 1975, Mom went back to school at the age of 56, graduating as a licensed hairdresser and becoming the sole proprietor of three hairdressing establishments from which she retired at the age of 69.
            When Mom met Bill, romance followed and they were married on July 10, 1981. They had a wonderful and loving life together. They travelled in North America, Spain, Portugal, London, Paris, Venezuela and Florida. Mom and Bill owned their own home in Florida and for 10 years spent the winter months there and spent many wonderful summers at their Northwestern Ontario cabin. They both loved dancing and went to many jazz festivals in Canada and the States. In Bill's words " Jeanette, you and I have had a wonderful life together. You have my everlasting love. Goodbye sweetheart, you will be missed."
Mom battled Alzheimer’s with the utmost dignity. This disease never diminished her spirit, her sense of humor and her loving kindness toward others. Over the past three years Mom and I spent many hours together increasing the already strong bond we had known over the years. The last week of her life was a struggle and Bill and I spent as much time with her as we were able to; providing the love and comfort she needed in preparation for her passing. My love and special thanks to my daughter Jodi for providing me with the support I needed during this time.
Mom, you have been my inspiration, I thank God the Creator for you; we will always be together. Lovingly, Janice
In compliance with Mom’s wishes a private Service for close family will be held.
Our love and deep gratitude to those at Beacon Hill Lodge for their compassion and care shown to Mom over the last three years and for respecting her dignity and comfort; there are so many of you; we will always remember you. Mom had a very special place in the hearts of Hazel and Darlene. Bless you.
Richard Wojcik, Funeral Director of Wojcik’s Funeral Chapel & Crematorium, is in care of arrangements 204 – 586 – 8668.



When I am gone, release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn’t tie yourself to me with tears;
Be happy that we had so many years
I gave to you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for all the love you each have shown,
But now it’s time I travelled on alone.
So grieve for a while for me if grieve you must;
Then let your grief be comforted by trust,
It’s only for a while that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won’t be far away, for life goes on;
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can’t see me or touch me, I’ll be near
And if you listen with your heart, you’ll hear
All of my love around you soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone,
I’ll greet you with a smile and say “Welcome home”.
-Author Unknown


Wojcik’s
FUNERAL CHAPEL & CREMATORIUM
1020 MAIN STREET
204 - 586 - 8668

www.wojciksfuneralchapel.com

No comments: