Friday, November 30, 2012

Richard Wojcik Funeral Director - Ronald Day's Funeral Service Arrangements




RON DAY
1927 - 2012
           
It is with so much love, gratitude and admiration that I write this celebration of Dad’s life.  His peaceful passing at West Park Manor was gratefully received with his family at his side after a long and heartbreaking battle with Alzheimer’s.  We have grieved the gradual loss of my Dad over the past 13 years and now find peace in his freedom.
Left to celebrate Dad’s life are my Mom Irene, his wife of 65 years; my husband Brian Baizley and myself Janice Day; along with his family in England including: sister Brenda Byford; brother-in-law Gerry Whittle; sister-in-law Joan Day; nieces, Natalie Ringwood and Anne Pateman; and nephew Lawrence Day.  He was predeceased by his parents; sister Pat Whittle; and brothers Peter and Barry.
Dad and Mom came to Canada from England in 1960 to begin his career as Sales Manager for A.E.I./G.E.C.  Telecommunications.  Over the next 27 years with A.E.I., he would travel the world including Singapore, Columbia and Japan.  Dad could fix anything from a car to a doll’s broken arm.  He spent his late 40’s and early 50’s under my Vauxhall Viva so I could drive my girlfriends to school safely.  He helped build 28 houses in England as part of a new housing development and he and Mom built a cottage at the lake on weekends which took them over 7 years. 
Mom was his assistant in all his endeavors and latest renovation projects.  He was a lucky man to have had such a beautiful person and dedicated partner all those years.  Together, they enjoyed many trips to Florida and Hawaii. After his retirement in 1987, he volunteered his time to many organizations as a board member including Independent Living Resource Centre (ILRC), the RehFit Centre and Creative Retirement where he started the Computer Club.  He became the Robin Hood of computers, refurbishing computers donated and giving to seniors who could not afford to purchase their own.  He was quite computer savvy and I owe my early knowledge of computers to him. 
Dad had such a soft spot for those less fortunate. I have wonderful memories of my foster brothers and sister, Bobbie, Danny and Brenda.
A special thanks for the exceptional care provided by all the staff at West Park Manor.  We are forever indebted for the compassion and kindness the staff have shown to my Dad and his family.  A special thanks also to my husband Brian for giving my Dad so much joy over the past 19 years.  Brian really was the son he never had.
In compliance with my Dad’s wishes there will be no funeral service. 
In lieu of flowers, donations to West Park Manor, 3199 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3R 1X2 or (204) 889-3330 or a charity of one’s choice in memory of my Dad would be gratefully appreciated.
Richard Wojcik in care of arrangements.

“Dad, you will be forever missed and forever loved!”


No comments: