Friday, June 14, 2013

Wojcik's Funeral Home - Pearl Kovacs Funeral Arrangements


PEARL ANTONIA KOVACS
(nee LEMM)

            Peacefully, with her family at her side, our beloved Pearl Antonia Kovacs died, June 7, 2013 at the age of 87 years.
            Pearl leaves behind her husband of 67 years, Peter; daughter Diana (Ron) Stephenson; sons Gregg (Shelagh) and Lee (Suzanne); grandchildren Christian (Julie) Stephenson, Heather (Luka Jambrosic) Kovacs, Jill Kovacs, Benjamin and Sasha Kovacs; great-grandsons Ethan Stephenson, Elijah Jambrosic; nieces and nephews:  Marty Mager, Cathy Babbitt, Carolyn Clements and Alan Lemm. She was predeceased by her parents Theodorus and Martha Lemm (nee Henschel); and her four siblings, Stephan, Dora, Ted and Jack.
            On March 28, 1926 Pearl was born in Saskatoon, SK but resided most of her life in Manitoba.  She was a selfless woman. If anyone needed a helping hand, she was there to help in any capacity required. Pearl loved sewing and her abilities spanned making wedding dresses to repairing the family tent.  She was a fabulous cook and family dinners were special for all.  Pearl was innovative, especially in household maintenance.  She was an outstanding gardener.
            Pearl enjoyed music and dancing.  Many years were spent accompanying Peter to his band engagements.  She also enjoyed playing cards, fishing and boating.   In their retirement, she and Peter spent several winters in Arizona and Texas with many long-time friends. Pearl loved her family above all.  She is already sorely missed and will remain in our hearts forever.
            A private family service will be held at a later date.
             In lieu of flowers a donation may be sent to the Heart and Stroke Foundation Manitoba or to the charity of your choice.    
            Wojcik’s Funeral Home & Crematorium,  2157 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, wojciksfuneralchapel.com, 204 – 897 - 4665.


I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God laid for me
I took His hand when I heard Him call
I turned my back and left it all

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play,
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full. I savoured much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed too brief.
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now, He set me free.

             


Wojcik’s
FUNERAL CHAPEL & CREMATORIUM
2157 PORTAGE AVENUE
204 – 897 - 4665


www.wojciksfuneralchapel.com

No comments: